07 May 2006

lakers, again

Although the Lakers lost, my affinity towards the team and the organization remains the same. What makes it heartbreaking is how they lost the series. Once having a 3-1 lead. And, during game 6, being up 3 with less than 10 seconds left. Kobe even had an opportunity to win the series, by sticking one final game winner into the Sun's throats, but that didn't happen. Rather, he threw up some ill-advised tough jumper w/ two guys going at him. I believe any sports fan would feel pretty damn disgruntled if they're favorite team went out in the fashion the Lakers just did.

However, I'm still happy they made it to the playoffs. I'm also happy to know Kobe's starting to regain respect and credibility... even my roommate said, "but you know what, after that series.. I have more respect for Kobe." Critics are always pinning him, chastizing him as a selfish, ego-centric player. Although that may be partly true, those characteristics are what drive him and are what make him so great. And, his play in games 1-4 of the series should be sufficient to at least make his critics think twice... Kobe does care about the well-being of the team, and he can lead them too.

It was a great season. My hope is that they'll make one or two key off-season acquisitions to strongly bolster this teams chances to make even more noise in next years playoffs.

No comments:

Blog Archive