That was the message I stumbled upon unexpectedly while I browsed an old friend's myspace. His name's Allan, and we became friends through biology class in high school. Haven't seen him since, except for the occassional run-in. His words are a bit cliche; but sometimes cliche words are the right words for me.
"On the deep side: For the short time I have lived in this world. Im pretty content with the life I have lived. If I some how left the world tomorrow, in a whole-life has been good to me so far. Lots of challenges, hardtimes, good times, met great friends, caring and willing parents who sacrifice so much. Even tasted a little bit love and romance. As with anybody else, I have made my fair share of mistakes and fuck ups, but who doesn't? We learn from trial and error I guess. I'll be the first to admit that I have never lived a life of total luxury nor have I struggled to make ends meet. I can think of being in so many worse scenarios that I feel fortunate to be where I am today."
I believe that no matter who you are and where you're at in life, you're the one who's in control. You're the one who decides whether or not you've got peace of mind. Once you've got that, everything else is easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment