16 November 2010

Life Vegas

I live for the nights I won't remember, with the people I won't forget.

What makes a trip to Vegas?

You know what'll be there. You know the locations of the casinos. The lights and the shows. You know the glory you'll feel with a double 6 with money on the field. Or the sorrow that'll slap you with a missed free throw that'll kill your parlay. You've got the pathways down and you can taste the food from the buffet. You know the playground that is Vegas.

It ain't about any of that though. It's about community. It's about growing in friendship with folks you've grown to respect & admire, with folks who've become family. It's about days and nights in close quarters where each morning you wake up with absolutely zero responsibilities nor items on the agenda aside from seeking out the best way to have fun with friends you love. It's about creating memories. It's about the laughter. All of this while the people, the spaces, the food, the lights, etc, etc are dressed & looking their finest.

I know there are several other cities out there where I could drop $200 for a roundtrip ticket, but these monster Vegas trips with communities of 20+ are something I cannot resist. And, in return, they never fail to deliver.

--

PS. What is the measure of a true friend? Who's to say? But, to set yourself off in your most vulnerable state and into the most surreal night of your life, likely embarrassing yourself to the point of no return, and trusting people to still hold you hand-in-hand and carry you back to where you should be without passing any judgement - that's a rarity.

Vegas November 2010 - You'll be remembered.


1 comment:

emilyn said...

<3 this post. that's what friends are for!

Blog Archive