01 February 2012

One Spoon, One Fork?


Each time I move, I become bitter at a previous self that thought it'd be necessary to purchase multiple pairs of shoes, multiple jackets and multiple t-shirts. Most of which sit idly by under my bed or in my closet merely collecting dust. Yes, new clothes and new fashion make me feel good about myself, and it's fun to shop. But, when I take a step back and take inventory of what I've accumulated over the years, it feels like all I've really done is thrown cash away for things I don't really need.

Before I turn on the dishwasher, I pull out one spoon and one fork because that's all I really need. I realize the implications it'd have on dinner parties, but really though… what if all I had was one spoon and one fork?

I come to a conclusion: there are no longer any material things I need to purchase for myself. Anything on top of what I already have is unnecessary.

[I'd rather have money saved for... eats / events / people / travel / the future]

2 comments:

Brooks said...

You can never have too many shoes.

Eyawn said...

Only if they're Roshe Runs

Blog Archive