06 December 2005

Nearing the End

I'd prefer the quarter system over Berkeley's semester one. Reason being: semesters feel so long-winded. Once we hit the 12th-or-so week mark, I feel like I've already had enough... but then comes the 13th, then 14th, then 15th... and on it goes. The routine becomes too routine. And if you're doing poorly in a class, or if you simply dislike a certain class topic, you're stuck in that class for a good 1/8th of your college life.

On the other hand, the quarter system is shorter, allowing students to switch things up more often. That class you have a grudge against ends sooner, and your shot at a second chance comes quicker.

Or maybe I've just hit a point in the semester where I'm ready for things to end; hit the point where, rather than being productive and focused, it just seems easier and more fruitful to complain. Winter break is there, right next to the finish line. I'm still here searching for that last wind to bring me past the last few hurdles... but I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Blog Archive