I love you. I hope you never leave my life. Even when I'm old, I want you with me. I love how you let the sun bathe me, as it peels away the paleness of my skin, the paleness of my life. I love how you let the wind hit my face as everything around me becomes a blur. When I'm with you I sweat, I breathe deeply; it becomes so intense, it's near impossible to keep my shirt on. I love the way you keep me fit, physically, mentally, and spiritually. You are my solace when I cannot think. You are my comfort when I feel down. You help me appreciate life more completely, even if I'm only with you but a couple times a month. We were inseparable in high school. I know I've neglected you, but I want you back. Stay with me this time.
Running, this tribute's for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment