MrG05 has slowed down significantly, for several reasons. The main one being that my life as an educator has slowed down significantly. In brief, the school I was teaching at was a terrible fit for me so I chose to leave. Believe me when I say this has been one of the toughest decisions I've made in my life. It hurts me to leave students I've grown close to. It hurts me to leave students who say they think I'm their favorite teacher. It hurts me to leave students I began teaching... hurts me to leave them high and dry. It's like I'm breaking a promise to kids who're so used to broken promises.
But it's just what I had to do.
Teaching at the school has been doing too much bad on me and my life. It affected me on so many levels. It jaded me away from the teaching profession. It's driving me away from the bay area. This weekend, I took a much needed sojourn home and the thought of moving home to just be with my family was so high in my head that I was already working out the details of the move. When, how,... who would take my spot at my apartment..
I feel like I've failed. Thus is the reason for the failure entry earlier this week. But I understand that failure's just something you gotta deal with sometimes, and I'm ready for a fresh start.
Even MJ said "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
So I'm moving forward with this...
Stay tuned. I'll keep y'all updated.
1 comment:
I went to your blog and dug through some of your old entries in search of one about quitting. FOUND IT. I feel slightly better. Thanks for writing this post way back when. Can we catch up some time?
Post a Comment