Since moving to the Bay Area in 2003, I've been to virtually every game the Lakers've played at Oracle. Before last night, attending every game meant going home satisfied. The Lakers beat the Warriors every time. Last night was a good one; and you gotta give props to B.Diddy and the rest of the crew for going on a 10-2 rally to steal the dubb in a game where the Lakers led the whole way.
The arena was rockin, as fans enjoyed a night reminiscent of the playoffs, complete w/ free "we're back" tshirts. I could be a griping Laker fan and point to Kobe's injury, or Odom's incompetence, or to all the little things the Lakers could've done to seal the victory, like make free throws, attack Baron to give him his 6th, or pull Kobe for Ariza earlier in the 4th... but I won't (even though I just did).
Bottom line though, watching the Lakers lose LIVE for the first time left a real bitter taste in my mouth. I became a Warrior bandwagoner last playoffs because it was like supporting a little brother. The Lakers own the Warriors and it was nice to see the Warriors find some success. After this game, I sense a rivalry brewing. The Warriors don't want to be the little brothers no more, and I don't think I can ever be a Warrior bandwagoner ever again.
Imagine, a Laker-Warrior playoff series. Now THAT would be something.
1 comment:
I was at that game too! So intense..
Merry Christmas! Hope you're doing well =)
Post a Comment