The countdown in my room continues to dwindle: 28 school days. Exciting. Yet, if you consider all that will take place between now and then, the excitement dwindles in it's own sense. I've never been a fan of change. When the biggest change of my life occurred, moving to Berkeley, I said comforting things to my parents, my brother, friends, and myself: "I'll go home once a month / It's only for 9 of 12 months in the year / 4 years will pass like nothing." When my parents and brother left me at the dorms, we said typical "see you laters" as if we all didn't know how big of a change this would be.
Fastforward 4.5 years and I'm still here. At the end of college, there were changes. No more college. New roommate. Friends moving away. I feared the changes. What would life be like?
And though the changes that will occur within this next month may be considered smaller than the above changes I've already mentioned, it's undeniable that a sort of transition must take place once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment