17 May 2008

Is that even allowed / ethical?

There's been a lack of Laker posts on this blog and I'm not sure why. This is the deepest the Lakers've been since '04, and the first time they've been the first seed since '00. It is also the 4th time in history they've had an MVP, and, last night, they were only the 2nd team to win on the road in the second round in 23 tries.

Hell yes.

Make no mistake, I'm going Laker fan crazy these days. I'm certain the next series will be the toughest yet, but I'm confident that these Lakers will come out of the West. (I honestly cannot believe all this shit's going down considering where we were at in the beginning of the year). But if you ask me, I'd like to face the Hornets.

Why?

Because almost every one of my students is rooting for the Hornets to win. And if they clash against Mr. G's team, you can bet your ass that there'll be a lot of heckling as we start and end each class. It'll make it that much more sweeter when the Lakers advance - to rub it into the faces of students I see everyday. Hey, if you're team's winning, you have every right to do so. That's the nature of fanfare. And with the power of a projector in my hands, you can imagine the possibilities.

Lastly, is it even allowed or ethical to bet your students on games? Haha. One student came in during my prep and wanted to put money on the Jazz game last night. I told him I would only if he kept it on the down low. Now he owes me five bucks.

Go Lakers.

No comments:

Blog Archive