I expressed last month that I'd try a new series post-31. Publishing old drafts meant for only my eyes since I'm now comfortable doing so. Perhaps this'll be the first of the series.
---
I believe everyone has a need to wear their heart on a sleeve. This manifests itself in the form of expression:
song
poetry
facial expressions
mood
venting sessions
gtalk statuses
blog posts
whatever...
Ya'll know what I'm talking about.
I've realized that there should be no reason to hate on anyone who wears their heart on their sleeve - regardless of the method they choose to do so. With all matters of the heart... throwing us down, picking us up, only to be thrown right back down again, pushing and pulling, the hurt, the happiness... it's only natural that we seek an outlet to express feelings deep down.
I've generally been private on the introspective side of things, reflecting and reflecting some more on all issues in mind and heart on my own. However, I do often get the urge to wear that heart on the sleeve and express things publicly on this blog... only to hit the 'save as draft' button.
Circa __:
Last night felt even stronger
When I once again
was unlike myself
like I was somewhere else
doing my own thing
searching for someone else
Circa __:
A day with you becomes
a night of sorrow
when all we are
is hearts to borrow.
Circa __:
Tastes of love
however small
leave me
wanting more.
Tastes of love
however small
leave me
emptier than I was before.
Circa __: (not my writing)
Don't be reckless with other people's hearts,
and don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
(I originally placed approximate dates on these, but F that)
1 comment:
i really like this post. its hella real. i have a lot to say about this..but i definitely appreciate you showin some love to the folks out there who pour their hearts out on these blogs, on gchat/aim statuses, in poetry, in music, etc. etc. your validation is well taken.
=)
Post a Comment