11 December 2008

A Serious Dilemma

In the coming months, I need to think long and hard about where I want to be next year.

Ordered in terms of least change to most change:

(1) Stand pat: Teach at the same school, live at the same spot, keep everything nice and familiar.

(2) Stand pat option 2: Teach at the same school, live at a new spot. Oakland possibly?

Why switch things up when thing's are alright... cus I'm 23 and antsy!

(3) Go transbay: I once had a conversation with a co-otf'er about why we chose Oakland.

Me: well.. I wanted to keep things familiar. I wanted to ease the transition as much as possible. Her: I like being around and helpin' out my people.

While I don't think much about which people is hers or mine, I do sometimes think of how nice it'd be to teach at a hs w/ a large Filipinio population. I mean, you do see how you're becoming a role model for many students, especially as a young teacher. Why am I doing it in Oakland when I can go anywhere else (pending job availability)? You relate best w/ folks whose culture / background you share... Also, since SB06, SF's always been a possible place to stay for a lil while. So, move into SF and find a school w/ a large Filipino-American student base? Possibly.

(4) Move back home: Why? Several reasons:
1. Financial.
2. I left at age 18 with the notion that I'd move back post-college.
3. I know of no other time when moving home would be ok besides now.
4. I'd like to be around my parents for a lil while.
5. I miss days when life felt smaller.

(5) SoCal: Move in with sister & brother-in-law in Anaheim. While I went north, most close friends migrated south. I envision myself starting fresh with an already solid base of friends around the area. Startin' fresh would be nice. Also, seems like Ate & Kuya Arch are plannin' on havin' one comin' in 2009. It'd be nice to be full-time uncle for the new one.

One key clause though, whether or not I'd like to finish up a master's here in the Bay before movin' on...

What's ahead? I honestly DO NOT know. Gotta think and think hard on this one.

No comments:

Blog Archive