1. Hang w/ my cool Bay Area friends.
2. Live independently and at my own pace.
3. Cafe sessions and good places to eat.
4. Cook meals for myself and others.
5. Run around Berkeley.
5 Reasons Why I Love my Job
1. My life feels purposed.
2. I have dope co-workers and colleagues who inspire me.
3. I have students who make me laugh and are fun to hang out with.
4. We get long breaks, including a 2-weeker in just 3 weeks!
5. I make money.
5 Things I Look Forward to Doing
1. Running my second math team fellows meeting on Wednesday.
2. Asilomar conference next weekend.
3. Sharing Thanksgiving stories.
4. Sleeping in my own bed.
5. The spontaneity that surprises me each work week and weekend.
And just because I must, 5 Things I Enjoyed this Week
1. Building up hype for sis' baby (endless dialogue over potential baby names, attending her baby shower, seeing my sister's baby, feeling my nephew kick!)
2. 3rd annual Turkey bowl where 5-6 mile runs on the regular showed their dividends.
3. Conversations over dinner tables, drinking tables, barber chairs, etc to catch up with friends and family.
4. Black Friday shopping and getting interviewed for channel 6 news.
5. Feeling like a kid again, as I was the only person older than 11 who participated in a game of tag at the jungle gym.
--
If I could bottle up feelings and line em on a shelf for my choosing, the one I'd open most frequently contains what I feel right now. Home is where the heart is and my heart is here: where family and friends who've become family reunite in the space we find our roots. By tomorrow's end, we'll all have returned to our 'normal' lives seeking ways to stay connected. I know we will, but I circle the day on my calendar where together we're home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment