
I climb this 20's mountain and am almost at the peak. Downhill I'll then go where the 30's awaits me. A frightening thought. How will these next 5 years unfold before me?
I don't know why I've felt inhibited on this blog. Holding back from sharing the major going ons of my life and major thoughts of my mind. Not so recently ago, the developing lists at the risk of sounding too vain were not a problem at all.
I try to ink up my quill time and time again yet when quill comes to paper I find myself writing another post just like this one.
Is this blog dying? Maybe. Is there a shift in the content I am comfortable sharing? Maybe. For all I know, any sort of post I make here can be the subject of a google share and ultimately fall victim to customary greader ridicule. If you ask me I'm ready.
--
They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. I hate to admit it, but I think I've recently developed some wack habits. Not necessarily, but I do feel there's a lack of initiative in this current life. I need new goals to push me. Goals that force me to run new kinds of marathons. Goals to ensure years 25, 26, 27, and so on of my life are years where am satisfied and proud. I don't know if I'll ever rid myself of the angst I developed a year or so ago. I don't know if the grass is greener on the other side or if I'll feel more at home if I make this move or that. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. But I do know setting goals is vital. And I do know any sort of habit forming I undergo at this stage in the game, however small, is as vital. I challenge myself to recapture this guiding idea, an idea commonsensical but easy to lose.
There are only 7 weeks left in this school year. 7 weeks before something happens. Something. Who knows what that will look and feel like, but... something. 7 weeks is kinda far from now; I say let's make it 3.
A classic: "Sow an act...reap a habit; Sow a habit...reap a character; Sow a character...reap a destiny."
2 comments:
While readers may demand content, it all doesn't really matter as long as you have an outlet. A dying blog hopefully means an opportunity for other avenues of expression. How about we call it an "evolving blog." Unless you really want to kill it off, though 2 consecutive posts says no.
1st of consecutive posts was a peezy style (written in like, january).
But true that. I don't think this thing is dead by a long shot. And I think one purpose of making this post is to bring myself back.
Post a Comment