16 July 2006

Paralysis

This blog has been paralyzed. And I think it's for a variety of reasons. I get pretty self-conscious about my writing, and am afraid it isn't good enough. I get self-conscious about blog topics, and am afraid they're not meaningul enough. I get self-conscious that I may be revealing too much of myself. And I get self-conscious about whether things I say are witty, or enlightening, or maybe just downright stupid.

That's why my blog stalls. Periods when my blog is active and alive are periods when I care less about all of the above.

It's a microcosm of what goes on in my real life, actually.

1 comment:

la said...

doesn't everyone feel this way? in the end, i end up doing it for myself - something I want to remember, something I want to say to someone else...and it makes me happy reading up on my friends and the things that are important to them. so write on, brotha! hahah.

let's dine again soon.

Blog Archive