Online journalling and blogging are the same thing right? Well, not to me. I've been keeping a journal since my senior year of high school. I started it because I felt the need to document my truest feelings and truest thoughts, so that one day I could look back and reflect on who I was. Journalling to me consisted of holding a pen and an open notebook.
Blogging on the other hand, are words meant for the public, meant for an audience. With a journal, there's a sense of intimacy I feel with the words, for those words are for my eyes only. Not to say that blogging words are of a lower quality, they're just of a different quality. It's like my own personal periodical, where I can rant or make observation or theorize or whatever and know there's someone out there who is going to be stuck reading it (probably while they're stuck in a swamp of boredom - yeah, that's you).
So, sharing excerpts from my "online journal" is a little different, because those are words that flow freely direct from my head. Intended to be only for me, I'm sharing them to you. That's what that 'new method' entry was all about.
Anyway, today's the morning after. Yesterday I ran through a gauntlet of three finals. The first two, I came through with only slight bruises. The third knocked me out cold. My piece of advice: avoid taking 3 finals on one day at all costs.
1 comment:
hey is that previous anonymous poster a spammer? LAAAAAAME. get off my friend's blogspot! i swear, we'll hunt you down and destroy your... spam machine.
and awesome! my name is in the title to this entry!!
i like the distinction you make between the two types of writing. too often people use a blog/xanga/lj for both internal thoughts and external commentary... but they don't/can't distinguish between the two. then the writer is stuck trying to decide what to reveal and what to keep secret, so they compromise by leaving obscure entries. entries so vague or "inside" that the average bored reader has no idea what that person is talking about.
i mean, people can write how they want. just kinda irksome to me when i'm trying to keep up with the life and times of a long distance homie. 'naw mean?
Post a Comment