18 February 2008

Rejuvenate, Rediscover

Like I said a few posts ago, life seems to be clicking on all (well, most) cylinders these days. It feels good. Here are a few things I've happily rediscovered in the past couple weeks:

(1) Organization.
I haven't been this organized in awhile. The room is orderly. I know exactly where everything is. All stray papers have been filed. All cords have been nailed and put out of sight. The cpu desktop's are clear of any files or programs. My life feels organized when everything tangible is organized. Plus, I've always been meticulous about organization since waay back so it's nice to get back to it.

(2) Basketball.
Played everyday over the 3-day break! Feels good to be on the court with friends, old and new, and just run it back over and over for hours and to wake up the next day feeling sore in the right places (ooo, yea).

(3) Running.
I went on a run the other day after school where my end-pace was exactly where I wanted it. It feels good to be able to run long distances and still feel strong at the end.

(4) Being outside.
Basketball, running... outdoor activities. Always nice to be outside. Thanks for the great weather.

(5) Reading.
We did just get hd programming but reading has come alive again, and that's a real good thing.

(6) Faith.
Lenten season has begun, and along with it a challenging lenten sacrifice I'm committed to uphold. Also, been checking out Bible study once again and reading up on a faith-book that's got me all excited about faith and life in general.

(7) Cooking.
Less eating out and more eating in. And I'm not talking about no tv dinners here either. It's nice to bring this back cus I forgot how enjoyable it is to eat (and share) a good meal you made yourself.

I know I was in a real bad spot a few months ago and who knows where I'll be in a few months, but I'm definitely feelin' alright about how things are going right now. Teaching's still got a stranglehold on my life and my time but it's nice to fit in things I enjoy in the midst of it all.

No comments:

Blog Archive