So, I'm running my second half-marathon this upcoming Sunday. (A monster post was in development to share/chronicle my first, but never completed. Maybe one day.) In my training, I seem to have developed a slight soreness in my left Achilles tendon and it's killing me. I tried running today, only to stop 10 minutes in. I'm not in unbearable pain, but the soreness IS there. I realize how critical of an injury it'd be if there IS a tear, so I think I'm going to go ahead and just rest til race day. The weird thing: the pain returns only when I wear my running shoes... which leads me to conclude that it MAY be a problem with my shoes? I don't know. Nevertheless, I still plan to go on Sunday. But I'm afraid I might have to make alterations to my original goal: beat Mike Pelayo.
Or not...
4 comments:
I see what this is - you're trying to rope-a-dope me into crushing defeat! Well no sir, it won't work! You and your phantom injury, ha! I immediately protest this post.
postest?
dang that SUCKS. at least you already know you can do it though. sorry i can't make it sunday - run hard! i'll be there in spirit :D
I'm super excited about the race! I know that I should say that it's a victory just making it through the whole 1/2 marathon, BUT I kinda like this competition! Good luck! 3 high fives to the winner. Only 2 for the runner up. :-)
p.s. feel better soon Ian!
BOTH of you can have 5 high fives from me! hooray for finishing :)
Post a Comment