An email to a teacher friend, just now:
Holy crap, group quizzes are the shiz. I put together a more difficult quiz that synthesizes concepts, created groups of 4 as students walked in, looked up a few sentence starters online, and used the roles you hooked me up w/. Talked about how I wanted them to communicate, teach, and learn from each other. And that I'd grade them 50% on the quiz itself and 50% on their interactions. Shit went smooth for 4/5 periods man. 2nd period didn't go so well, but they were comin' aroun. At first they felt awkward & funny about using provided 'phrases' & questions', but all of a sudden it started to come naturally, exactly as you said. All I did all period was walk around and write on my clipboard as they taught and learned from each other. Couldn't hold in my smile some periods. Thanks for the hookup, yo. Keepin' this f'sho.
IG
No comments:
Post a Comment