31 August 2009

Dear Blog,

I think my kids liked me today. I hate bragging but I can't help it: I think you would've been proud of me if you saw me do my thing. Tell Mom & Dad. I think I got the kids believing in their abilities to conquer math this school year, and we were able to learn about each other and discuss REAL issues on DAY ONE. They're all freshmen, so I'm real proud. I look forward to getting to know them more and more. I know this could easily be some sort of honeymoon period but I got a real good feeling about this school year. I just do.

Mr. G

PS. I busted out some Spanish on 'em. Surprised some folks. Also, I got 1-2 Filipino kids in each class. Also, it's so funny getting siblings of kids you've had before. And lastly! I got one kid who I once knew as a 6th grader in Roosevelt! Am I really that invested in Oaktown? Guess so.

2 comments:

Kristine Dahl said...

Felicidades senor!

abril said...

ah man, these posts are so cute

Blog Archive