29 January 2010

College Flashback

It's 3:16am and I am still up. I'm also wired.

Back in the day, instances like these were not so far fetched. And blog posts like this one, likewise.

[Back in the day I'd turn to Monster Energy; but tonight, 3 years outta college now, I turn to tea. Lil bro puts up a status and makes me laugh. Oh, the college days.]

I am up now because the experiences of my past summer have left me wanting more. After last summer, I made a commitment to myself:
To take advantage of every teacher summer I've got, as long as I teach - to travel, therefore enriching and diversifying the self in ways not possible here on home soil.
In true procrastinator fashion, I've left writing my grant proposal to 10pm tonight, when the application deadline is tomorrow. No sleep is no bueno, but I do know losing sleep tonight is small price to pay for an attempt at this program. Besides, tomorrow is the Friday of the last day of finals. 2 periods for 2 hours each while they stress and I sit behind the teacher's desk [probably to finish what I'm doing now] doesn't require nearly as much rest as typically the case.

Anyway, I couldn't let an opportunity for rare late night blogging reminiscent of the college days pass me by unused. ¿Hola mundo, como estas? ¿Me puede dar buena suerte para este grant proposal? ¡Lo quiero mucho! If yes, these attempts at Spanish sentences will no longer be so shitty. So, ayudame universo! Por favor?

3 comments:

Krizia said...

Good God, Ian. I went to bed at 4:30PM PST, and you're still up even after I've already gotten up for work (6AM EST). Ridic.

Also, the format of your blog is distracting. Were you trying to go for minimalist? The bottom of it is all cluttered. Let's work on that, please.

:) Where are you going THIS summer?

Eyawn said...

You're calling ME ridic!? This is comin' from the teacher who doesn't sleep. At. All. Or have we fixed this? 4:30pm... how old are you, 60?

Also, I argue that the bottom of it isn't cluttered at all so stop hating Ms. S!

PS. I'll update you on travel hopes through another form of communication. We're in need of a catch-up anyway.

mc said...

the espanol is getting there. slowly, but surely

Blog Archive