23 January 2010

The Laziness of My Saturday Morning

I'm having a very lazy morning, the type where, even though it's past noon and the sun looks inviting after days and days of rain, I'm STILL in bed.

I don't mind though. Mornings like this are as necessary as the ones where you find yourself full speed down snowy slopes or looking out to an endless ocean with good company. [I say thank you to my past two weekends for allowing me to breathe live so completely.]

I have no purpose in opening up my new post dashboard just now. But I do know I've been reading previous entry upon previous entry and am happy with this blog's existence. In a conversation with a good friend the other night, we discuss our dislike towards outsiders who presume the entirety of our lives are revealed in our posts, tweets, and facebook news feeds. I am not my facebook news feed. I am not this blog.

I open up my new post dashboard just now to invite creativity to return. Nothing quite compares to reading previous posts where I attempt to pretty my words for a faceless audience. Words, ultimately mere signposts to the real thing, are beautiful. And the words flowing from my mind-controlled keyboard shall never cease.

No comments:

Blog Archive