I heard news today of a finished trade. Sasha, the headliner of a 3-teamer, goes to New Jersey. Lakers get Joe Smith. I roam around the internets like any other day and read things along the lines of:"Later Sasha. Glad your worthless ass is in Jersey""Sasha? Who cares.""Joe Smith? Nice.""YES. Finally got rid of Sasha!"
Where did the hate come from? Completely unwarranted. Joe Smith will likely sit at the end of the pine. This trade was done solely for cash. $9 million is a buncha dough, especially when a three-headed bench monster of Blake/Barnes/Shannon has become our guard force off the bench.
Sasha is more serviceable than Old Joe. He's been a legit three point threat, he's automatic from the line, plays hard on D, and he's proven to be clutch on the biggest stage multiple times. Let's not forget, he was a key rotation player in our '08 run and he was the one who iced game 7 of last years' finals w/ two crucial free throws. Sure, he ain't no star but he emerged as an impact player on more than one occasion.
I'm not tryin' to come out as a Sasha jocker. I know Sasha's lost his accuracy from 3-point range. And I've already acknowledged the rise of three guards. The man is definitely expendable. The trade is a good one for LA. But I AM hating all the hate he's getting now. Give the man props for his time. He'll always be remembered as a Laker to me. Raise your glasses, folks. This toast is for you, Sasha Vujacic.
1 comment:
Definitely time for Sasha to go and we'll miss his Slovenian quips ("float like mosquito bite). I'm still puzzled why Luke's worthless ass is still on the squad
Post a Comment