20 December 2010
Running in the Rain
I like running when it's night and when it's raining. It's almost as if the universe is telling you "no, don't run today" and you're yelling back "shove it, universe." The cards stacked against you are higher than typical, yet you resolve to defeat it nonetheless. The cars that pass think "this man is crazy" and the path before you is empty cus no one is more crazy than the man who runs in the rain [in the night]. Your opponent, just like any other run, is yourself. I want to defeat myself. I've got demons and skeletons shoved deep and I see no way of extracting any of it unless I defeat myself. Myself, my greatest opponent. Maybe then the dust could settle and maybe then it'd be easier to see the better me I can become. Kick whoever the hell this is to the curb. I like running when it's night and when it's raining and there's been a lot of both as of late. The sun goes down earlier in the winter time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
running at night is ok.
but yes, running in the rain is awesome (as long as your socks don't get wet and you get bad blisters)
^... also as long as you don't slip and fall!
Post a Comment