1. Work.
-A few of my kids and I got into a discussion about astronomy during homework session today. They were so wide-eyed and enthusiastic, saying things like:
"what's a black hole?"
"can you go to another universe with them?"
"how do meteors hit the earth?"
"isn't that how the dinosaurs died?"
"what happens if the sun explodes?"
"how does an eclipse work?"
"pluto's not a planet anymore, right?"
"how did the universe start, anyway?"
It's real exciting to see these kids transform into philosophers, even if it's for 10 or so minutes. It's a sign to me that no matter how much of a pain in the ass they can be, there's something in their human spirit that's real curious about the world. If only they could channel that curiosity towards their studies, they'd be dominating.
And it was rewarding to see them so receptive to my answers, my explanations of how our universe functions. Good thing I took astro 10.
-And I finally got to touch the court again! It's been so long! Today during chess club, I told the class to put all the boards away early so they could mess around in the nice weather for the last 20 minutes. In truth, I really just wanted to get out there and shoot a couple hoops. With all the playoff intensity building up inside me, I really just wanted to play. Which brings me to...
2. The Lakers.
Wooooo! Now 2-0 when I wear the 24 jersey. You best believe I'll be wearing it every game from now on.

Thanks for finally showin' up Kwame!

Lastly: Because of friends. It's nice to know I have some... =)
1 comment:
yeah, i'm better.
i don't really remember much from last night though..... a few faces here and there. actually, it's more like voices. i think i remember voices more than i remember faces. probably because it felt good to close my eyes.
but, appropriately enough, i'm "alive". :)
Post a Comment