Ah, I will never forget that shot, that game, that day. Awe-inspiring. Miraculous. Glorious!
Anyway.. after watching the Lakers and Kings play last Sunday, I can say with full confidence that this rivalry is 100% dead. You know it's dead when only a 2 players remain from the above video (Kobe & Bibby). You know it's dead when you no longer circle dates on the calendar when the two teams meet. You know it's dead when one team routes the other by a score of 126-103, and the route feels routine.
I still hear jeers from Kings fans whenever they hear any mention of the Lakers. They jeer as if the rivalry was still alive. Well, I've got news for you, faithful Kings-fan, the rivalry is dead. Your comments are for null. Your team is dead. They're back at that level of wishing and hoping. Because the playoffs are out of sight. And the future is not so bright when you've got some kid named Kevin Martin as the story of the year.
Lakers, on the other hand,... still givin' their fans reason to smile. I recommend you jump ship. Life would be much happier for you. Believe me.

=)
Oh, and while I'm still in sports-mode... what is up with them Gators? 2 NCAA championships and the BCS crown!? Are you serious? All CAL can give us is a couple holiday bowls and a first-round tourney exit. Man... I picked the wrooong school.
JK. I did pick the right school. CAL PWNS... kinda like the Lakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment