04 February 2009

Still no gchat = FML

1. In recent conversations, I've noticed a few things I need to change: an inability to give the benefit of the doubt, a habit to allow the negative outweigh the positive, an attitude too pessimistic for my taste. And, like always, a general desire to better articulate/communicate thoughts in my head. I can be better.

2. I'm currently rediscovering my love for tennis. Back in high school, I adopted tennis as my "old person' sport. You know, the type you can still play when you're body's grown too slow and creaky for hoops or running, the type you can still play when you're 50+. Yesterday, roommate and I found out a few things: ability levels are about the same, the nearest court is but a minute-ride away, and sessions can be as quick as an hour.

3. Monday, an ex-student (now in college) came in at lunch to do a what's up & catch up. Ms. A was behind my desk chillen'. She's 20. He's 19. I decided to introduce her as a Ms. anyway but felt kinda funny about it. Lol. Chronicles of a young teacher continue. Before he left: "Ey, Mr. G... so when we gonna drink?" "When do you turn 21?"

4. Sophomores've been taking the CAHSEE the past two days, leaving me with much less-stressful mornings.

5. Kobe: "Today, I tripped and fell on our only dominant big man's knee. He's out 8 - 12 weeks. FML."

1 comment:

Joanna said...

The FMs want to play tennis! Want to be our tennis coach?

Blog Archive