I have a love / hate relationship w/ this era of our lives:
I love that we're young. Everything and anything is possible. Career paths await. You can spend money on good eats and good travel. You can see the world! Or, better yet pick up and move wherever you please. You're meeting great people and building meaningful friendships. You could be meeting the love of your life tomorrow, or maybe you met her today? And we're young! We run, we hoop, we play tennis, we do anything physical and, for the most part, recover pretty fully by the next day or so. So much of our lives remain ahead of us, adventures await - what part of that doesn't excite you?
But I hate it too. I hate that things are no longer laid out for you. No longer do we walk the straight line of taking classes, studying, and graduating to become successful. (I just wanna be successssfuuuu). Endless options yet we don't know what to choose. How do you know which is the best choice? Is there even a best choice? Where should I live? What's my next career move? Shall I return to school? Shall I return home? What about a BIG move, live it up big. A different coast even? This is it; no other time will I be able. We're searching, searching for all of it. Searching for love even. So many clouds, it's fun to watch em disappear. But that excitement is accompanied with
so. much. angst.
1 comment:
amen.
Post a Comment