I don't want to be Kwame Brown, who once had all the tools to become a star (strength, height, quickness, hops, youth, solid muscle), but just never made it through.FYI: In Kwame's third year, he averaged 10.8 pts & 7.4 boards as a Wizard. He broke out for a 30 & 19 game vs Sactown. The team offered him a 30 MILLION dollar contract, but he elected to test free agency instead...
The rest is history: got in a scuffle w/ Gilbert, got traded to LA (sucked), got traded to Memphis (most lopsided trade in history), & now plays for Detroit. Near mult-millionaire turned ultra scrub. What once possessed limitless potential (so much that MJ himself believed in him) simply never made it through. Kinda sad, eh? He can't even catch a basketball IN A VIDEO GAME!
I definitely do not know quite exactly what I'd like when I grow up. But I do know, for sure, that I don't want to be Kwame Brown. Nope, not at all.
I vow to be a star.
No comments:
Post a Comment