11 September 2008

Case of the Alternator

Teaching fractions to students who're either
bored w/ fractions or hate fractions
feels like we're going nowhere.

sucks.
Leave work early to recuperate
Need gas
Gas station
Call cousin (yeah, I can make it tonight... 7 right?)
Start car
Car doesn't start.

shit.
Excuse me miss, can you help me out?
Click. Click. Click.
I think it's dead... sorry.

shiit.
Thanks anyway, I really appreciate it.
Lemme try once more.
Excuse me sire, can you help me out?
Click. Click. Click.
I don't think that's your battery.

fuck.
Pull out triple A card
Your membership was cancelled a few months ago.

what?
Well then, let's renew it.
2 options.
Tow or we'll send someone who'll fix the battery.
Let's go get that battery fixed.
Sounds good, let me check in to see if they have one in stock
...Not til Monday.

you gotta be kidding me.
Yo roomie, help me out ya?
Aright, but I can't right now
my eyes are dilated.

what else?
I should tell my dad.
No answer.
I should tell my mom.
Answers.
You should tell your dad.
Alright. tell him to call me.
Dad calls.
8 times.
Every time no reception.

Fucking awesome.
Tow man finally shows.
Let's try to jump it one more time
Car starts
I look up to the sky
in gratitude
Tow man checks some box.
You're alternator needs to be replaced.
You can get it done at an auto shop.
The car will probably run for only a few miles.

Fuck it, I'm finally home.



1 comment:

la said...

one of them days, mr. g

just keep swimming...

Blog Archive