23 September 2008

Defeating the little voice

Each morning I get up and I refuse to let thoughts of calling in get the better of me.
Each day I struggle through lesson plans not as well-planned as I'd like.
Because the night before I had to just had to get that veg sesh in.
Because earlier that day I was in the classroom til 6.
Because I had to just had to finish up w/ grades.
Because I know students need to know them, and I haven't been stepping up.

I test my students once a week.
They test me everyday.

Like one ST'er once said:
"Lesson planning is like studying for a final,
but you do it every single night."

Each day I defeat the little voice in my head.
Like I do when I run.
Like this dude preaches in this video.



This is a marathon. The ultimate marathon.
And "defeat the little voice" is the mantra I live by.

1 comment:

laine says said...

i applaud you.
*applause*

Blog Archive