08 September 2008

The Lambeau Leap

The Lakers have always been my team, since day one.

Cal football became my college football team by default once I chose Berkeley.

I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'm a legit A's fan. No, I can't lie. I'm not really an A's fan. I'm not an MLB fan. I'm trying, but I guess baseball just doesn't rub me that way. Maybe one day.

I've NEVER had an NFL team, never even TRIED to have an NFL team. Growing up, my dad was a Pack fan. He loved the fact that the logo was a big G (for our last name). He's got this leather jacket adorned with a huge Packer G on the back. And he wore it with pride whenever families would gather for football games. If I knew the rules of football back then, there would've been a good chance I would've grown up a Packer fan.

Maybe it's destiny? As I watch the Packers right now, I realize I've never felt this way about an NFL game. Each time Rodgers tosses the ball into the air, my heart beats a little faster. Each time Minnesota has possession, I'm hoping for a turnover. I find myself on my feet. I'm screaming at the TV. I'm hopping like a bunny. I want a dubb for green and gold. I'm legitimately cheering this team on like I do the Lakers, like I do Cal football. Could something be brewing here?

4 comments:

Malachi said...

Your third paragraph upsets me. Who are you?

Eyawn said...

invite me to more games at mcafee and maybe i'll change my mind!

mc said...

gold digger

emilyn said...

yes, the third paragraph upsets me as well. this comment is hella late but since im a new reader you cant blame me! im REALLY happy you're starting to like an NFL team, so i was deciding whether or not i should try to sway you to my side, but then i like that you're genuinely enjoying the packers so i thought i'd leave it alone.

but then i said screw it... so here i am recruiting you to BE A NINERS FAN!!! what the lakers are to you are what the niners are to me. come join the fun!

em :)

Blog Archive