23 June 2011

Four Years - Part II

A Beginning - 9th Grade - I step onto the campus I've grown familiar with through my Dad's mini-van window. We've spent hundreds of mornings together, rushing each other into brushing teeth, picking outfits, and eating quick breakfasts so our commute to Orcutt would produce multiple successes of Garrovillas kids who got to school on time. I watched the back of Ate's backpack as she walked up those steps hundreds of times. Now, here's me doing the same.

--

4 years

--

A Culmination - High School Graduation - Senior finals, grad night at Disneyland, farewell dance, awards ceremonies, (house parties), bonfires, and a whirlwind of photos with high school family culminates here in this auditorium where my classmates and I, in our final act together, are fitted in green and white. As we walk to our seat, I hear snapshots taken furiously like we're celebrities. The occasion feels grand. I am ecstatic. Go Knights.

2 comments:

lisa said...

i see what you're doing here. looking forward to parts III and IV.

Eyawn said...

la, watch that youtube clip though. My own personal upload.

Blog Archive