A Beginning - First Day of College - Everything feels so big. The experience becomes less like a weeklong summer camp where my parents will greet me by week's end, and more like school when, in my first class, my professor shuns a student for a ringing cell phone. My bubble's burst. High school was so small. I knew everyone. In the first day, it becomes a painful reality that I will not know everyone here. I'm nervous, but I've never once felt more excited.
--
4 years
--
A Culmination - Cognitive Science Graduation - I arrive to graduation in the nick of time; my line was already moving into the Greek theatre. Also, I'm dealing with a major hangover because a best friend and my brother-in-law thought it'd be a great idea to take shots of vodka the night prior. I deal. On the way to the stage, I decide on re-writing the phonetic spelling of my name to include "Perez" & "Virgil", just so I could sound distinguished. That one still moment after your name is read and you know the crowd's eyes are on you is a forever moment. Family and friends traveled so far because they knew how much it meant to me. How can I show my thanks?
No comments:
Post a Comment