27 November 2008

When you get there, make sure you blog.

I love this blog. And I don't think I've been treating it well as of late. I don't know what it is. I think of all these things I want to blog about, but when I open up the dashboard, my fingers are paralyzed.

But I love it though. I love how you can look back at your life, reminiscence on who you once were, and track exactly when and where growth happened. You probably didn't know it then, but it was there. And you notice how priorities shifted, you notice who in the cast has remained and who's left. Things and people once so important are no longer. Deeper thoughts you just had to get out there, random tidbits on whatever, pictures, and Laker posts. Hella Laker posts.

I once had a conversation w/ someone about how we categorize certain personal blogs... there's venting blogs, picture blogs, reflecting blogs, sports blogs, 'how to date me' blogs, etc. I'm not really sure how I'd categorize my own, but I do know it's become a part of me. I do know it's a space that's become necessary, to know there's something there where I can transmit thoughts and be heard - regardless of what I'm saying & thinking.

I don't see myself discontinuing posts anytime soon. Those archives below will continue to grow. I know some future me will look back at the me of now and who knows what he'll be thinking. Who knows where I'll be. The story's still being written; it's always being written. Nice to know this blog here never ceases to help me track how it all unfolds.

--

PS. On the horizon: 31 - Winter Edition.

1 comment:

camille said...

sweet! 31 in december =)
good blog post homie...i like that you linked back to some other good blogs i remember. inspires me to continue blogging! happy thanksgiving

Blog Archive